Check back regularly for updates on what's happening at Cobb School. You can also subscribe to the posts on this page by clicking on the RSS below. The Cobb PTO also has a Facebook group. Contact Helena Welsh for more information about joining that group.
Cobb School News & Updates
There is a mountain of lost and found at the bus barn. We have many jackets, pants, shoes, backpacks, lunch boxes, prescription glasses, keys, hats, binders, gym clothes, jewelry, books, etc... After school is out items are donated to the thrift store. To claim items, go to 17110 Butts Canyon Rd.
There are also about two bins full of student belongings in front of the cafeteria. Please look through them. All items left at the end of school are donated to local charities at the end of the year.
Doors open for the Talent Shows (Thurs. & Fri.) starting at 6 pm
We will have a dress rehearsal during the school day starting at 9 am both Thursday and Friday. There will be no practices after school this week.
Band Students should show up on Friday at 6 pm in the band room to prep and tune.
The line up for each day is as follows:
Thursday, April 20th - 6:30 pm
COLT LASBURY - Dance - “WHAT KIND OF MAGIC SPELL TO USE”
ZAYANN NELSON - SINGING - CUP SONG BY ANNA KENDRICK
KADENZ RICKERT & ACACIA HITTLE - "HAPPY" BY PHARRELL WILLIAMS
HAYDEN ABRAMS - WHISTLING STAR WARS SONG
CASSANDRA COUNDJERIS - “DONUTS DOWN THE STREET”
AUGUSTUS KELLEY - DANCE TO “CAN’T STOP THE FEELIN’”
ADAM ASTRUP - SINGING - “ACHY BREAKY HEART” BY DON VON TRESS
BRENDA MARES - SING - “BOOGIE OOGIE OOGIE” BY A TASTE OF HONEY
CALISTA COUNDJERIS, CRYSTAL DUVAL, & MADISON LIGHTER - “IT’S RAINING TACOS”
EMMA LAURENCE - SINGING - “HEY SOUL SISTER” BY TRAIN
GINGER EPSTEIN - PIANO BLUES
Friday April 21st - 6:30 pm
Cobb Mountain Elementary School Band
HANNAH TRIBBY - SING - “MY FAVORITE THINGS”
LILY MORITA - SING - “LOST BOY” BY RUTH B
OLIVIA RUIZ - SINGING “YOU BELONG WITH ME” BY TAYLOR SWIFT
KALLII BLACK - CUP SONG BY ANNA KENDRICK
KRISTA MESSER & BROOKE KEITH - DANCE - WATCH ME BY SILENTO
MIURA RUIZ - SING - “CHAIN OF FOOLS” BY ARETHA FRANKLIN
CASEY HUSTON - SOLO DRUMMING
MAYA LEONARD - TRUMPET DUET - “GIRL FROM IPANEMA”
CHERISH KROHN - SINGING “WE LIVE” BY SUPERCHICK
KATE PULSE & ALLYCIA MILLER - DO YOU WANT TO BUILD A SNOWMAN?
LILY & LOGAN WOOD - UNICYCLE ACT
STACY LOPEZ - SING - “BOASTING” BY LECRAE
CAMILLE PYSKA SING/UKULELE - “THE FOX WENT OUT ON A CHILLY NIGHT”
DYLAN TAYLOR - SING ACAPELLA - “DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT”EMILY BULLARO - SING - “HELLO” BY ADELE
Our monthly Community Social (dinner, kids activities, and music) is next Monday from 5 - 7 pm in our cafeteria. Come join us!
In recent weeks, many families have been brought in sweets to celebrate birthdays. It's my responsibility to remind everyone of a few things in this regard. I understand that we want to celebrate children's birthdays, and we do so at our weekly assemblies. Please remember that there are many ways to celebrate that don't involve food, and that we have students with severe food allergies. Our district policy (listed below) encourages parents to celebrate without food.
Here are ten ways to celebrate without food:
1. Bring in special party napkins (or party hats) to use with the usual school snack.
2. Get a special “recess pass” and choose the main activity the class does at recess time.
3. Bring in your favorite book and ask the teacher to read it to the class.
4. Give a gift to the class, such as a book (write an inscription inside), a toy for the play area, or a game.
5. Be “VIP of the week”: Make a timeline of your life, have your parents read to the class one day, and have other students interview you about your favorite things.
6. Get a card from the class. All the students sign it saying what they like most about you.
7. Have your name read with others at assembly, and the school can sing to you.
8. Get a special sticker or crown to wear at school all day.
9. Have your parents provide a special craft for the class that day.
Our Health and Wellness Policy states the following regarding classroom celebrations:
Class Party Guidelines
1. Middletown Unified School District urges that birthday celebrations occur without food. Suggestions will be sent home and posted online on the MUSD website at the beginning of the year for ways to celebrate without additional food. (E 5030) Cultural/historical celebrations (Thanksgiving, etc.) will still be allowed to have food if it is (1.) healthy and (2.) serves to help educate students about a historical/cultural event they are studying.
2. In the event that parents insist on celebrating with food, MUSD recommends healthy alternatives to junk food and has provided a list of those options. (E 5030)
3. In the event that parents still insist on celebrating with cupcakes and other sugary, non-healthy treats, the committee decided that they will not be turned away. However, parents will be reminded of the wellness policy and asked not to bring any unhealthy treats to future events. MUSD discourages unhealthy treats at school. Soda beverages are to be banned from all class party celebrations.
Thanks for your consideration,
Mon., 3-20 PTO Mtg 3/20 @ 9 am, rm 8. PLEDGES DUE FOR JUMPROPE FOR HEART. Honor Roll & Word Masters Assembly @ 2:30 pm. Community Social 5-7 pm.
Wed., 3/22 Kindergarten Round-up.
Fri., 3/24 Scholar Dollars ends. Please vote
Friday is also Jumprope for Heart day, 1:30 - 3 pm.
There will be an assembly for Honor Roll and WordMasters on @
THIS WEEK AT COBB ELEMENTARY:
Parent-Teacher conference Slips went out last week. Please return conference slips by Monday of this week if you haven't already done so. If the time designated doesn't work for you, please contact Karen to reschedule your conference.
Site Council Meeting: Friday, March 3 at 8 am. Discussion will focus on our SPSA.
The 2nd trimester ends on Friday, March 3. AR point goals are due this week.
Talent Show practice begins for Group A this Friday after school. Please make sure to bring your musical accompaniment if you're doing a song. There are many karaoke versions of songs available on YouTube.
Group A includes the following students:
Group B's first practice is on Friday, 3/10 and includes the following students: